- Investor Relations
- About PTG
- Products & Services
- Business Opportunities
- News & Promotions
PTG Energy Public Company Limited committed to operate the business that serves to the needs and increases convenience of the customers with high-quality products and services through various brands under the Company's network and partners together with the PT Max Card that maximizes the benefits to customers.
PTG Energy Group operates the following products and services
1. Fuel retail and wholesale business – PTG Energy Group operates as a retailer and wholesaler of fuel to customers who are both personal car users and agricultural car users through PT stations. The Company are also a wholesaler to independent gas station operators who are not distributors of well-known oil companies.
2. Lubricant retail business – The Company operates its own lubricant business under the PT Maxnitron brand, which is a high-quality lubricant with Syn4Max technology that helps an engine works with the most efficiency, helps maintain and extend the useful life of engine, and helps increase the oil change interval.
3. LPG retail business – The Company operates LPG retail business through PT gas stations which are the Company Owned Company Operated ("COCO”).
4. Food and beverage business – It is operated under the following brands.
5. Convenience store business – The Company operates convenience store business under the brand of Max Mart which sells consumer goods in PT gas stations of both COCO and DODO, and the expansion will be based on numbers of users, sales and size of each location.
6. Auto repair and maintenance business - The Company operates a repair and maintenance center of large commercial vehicle under the brand of PRO TRUCK and a repair and maintenance center of passenger car bus under the brand of AUTOBACS. The auto repair and maintenance businesses are operated to serve the needs of customers.
7. Renewable energy business – The Company invested in manufacturing and distributing business of palm oil to be integrated palm oil complex called Palm Complex. It involves since the development of palm oil products for farmers to be used in palm oil production process and to produce Biodiesel B100 and palm oil for consumption.
Please click the following link for the following link: http://investor.ptgenergy.co.th/en/corporate-information/business-overview
There are 2 types of PT gas stations as follows.
As of the end of 2017, the Company had 1,696 service stations consisting of 1,471 COCO (Company Owned Company Operated) stations (including 1,385 gas stations, 36 LPG stations and 50 compounded stations) and 213 DODO (Dealer Owned Dealer Operated) stations in which all are gas stations. In 2018, the Company plans to expand up to 300 branches.
The Company has the business plan for 3 - 5 years with the aim to create PTG Eco-system through PT Max Card, which is divided into 3 main areas:
It is the membership card to collect and redeem points from purchasing products and services of the Company and its alliances, including oil and LPG stations, restaurants, Max Mart convenience stores, Pro Truck repair and maintenance service centers, Autobacs auto repair and maintenance service center, and other products and services to be purchased in the future.
Customers can redeem collected points for special privileges such as discounts for filling fuel at PT service stations and other rewards. In addition, the Company continues focusing on the improvement of efficiency and benefits to customers so that PT Max Card will response to their further needs. Currently, customers can follow, update points and redeem for rewards through Application Max Rewards which can be downloaded for both smartphones and tablets as well as both iOS and Android. For more reward details, please visit www.ptmaxcard.com
The Company has the dividend payout policy to shareholders at the rate of not less than 30% of the Company’s net profit after tax, legal reserve and other reserves (if any). However, it can also be changed depending on operating performance, financial position, liquidity, needs for working capital, investment plans and future business expansions, market conditions, suitability, and other factors relating to the Company’s operations and management. In the year 2016 and 2017, the Company paid dividends for 87% and 41% of the net profit of the separate financial statements, respectively. For more details, please visit http://investor.ptgenergy.co.th/en/shareholder-information/dividend-information
It is the difference between the retail oil price after VAT (Output tax) at a service station and the purchased oil price after the VAT (Input tax) that the Company purchases from the oil refinery. The relationship between the purchased oil price and the Company’s marketing margin is as follows.
Remarks: The value added tax (1) included in the purchased oil price that the Company purchases from the refinery is the tax that the Company is entitled to refund from the Revenue Department, called "Input tax", and the value added tax (2) included in the retail oil price is the tax that the company is required to remit to the Revenue Department, called "Output tax". The details can be checked at the website of the Energy Policy and Planning Office. Ministry of Energy (http://www.eppo.go.th/index.php/th/petroleum/price/structure-oil-price?orders[publishUp]=publishUp&issearch=1)
The Company has jointly invested with Tha Chang Oil Palm Industries Co., Ltd and RD Kasetpattana Company Limited in the production and distribution of palm oil products. The Palm Complex involves since the development of palm oil ppproducts for farmers to be used in palm oil production process and to produce Biodiesel B100 and palm oil for consumption. A zero-waste project consists of a palm oil mill plant, a palm oil refinery, a biodiesel plant, a vegetable oil plant, a biomass power plant and a biogas power plant.
The Palm Complex project will help: 1. reduce the cost of electricity from the biomass power plant and biogas power plant, 2. reduce the transportation cost of biodiesel since the factory is located only 450 kilometers far from the refinery and ensure the efficiency of transportation management, and 3. reduce the loss of liquid from multiple transportations.
The palm oil from the refinery will be used to produce biodiesel B100 which is a component of diesel fuel, in accordance with government policy. Biodiesel will also be used as an ingredient in diesel fuel of the Company. This plant has a capacity of 450,000 liters of biodiesel per day and a capacity of 200,000 liters of vegetable oil per day. However, it is still lower than the demand of biodiesel of PT service stations at 500,000-500,000 liters per day in 2018. Nevertheless, the Company will operate with full capacity in June 2018.
The Company plans to expand its business to 2-3 new businesses each year with the focus on food and service businesses for the varieties in service stations as well as to fulfill more customers’ needs. Moreover, this will help achieve the Company's target of increasing the profit of Non-oil business from 8% in 2017 to 60% in 2022.